Re: [2.6.5] Oversized FB logos

From: Russell King
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 05:46:53 EST

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 11:26:09AM +0200, Jorge Bernal (Koke) wrote:
> what about passing CONSOLE=/dev/tty2 or CONSOLE=/dev/null at boot loader
> command line?? I saw that once in something like bootsplash or lpp but I'm
> not sure if this will work well.

Even better - use quiet on the kernel command line. This sets the
console level to 4, which means only error, critical, alert and
emergency messages will appear on the console.

This means that, should something go wrong, grandma can "bug out"
and phone you, and read the error message to you.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/