Re: SATA support in 2.4.27

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 05:09:34 EST

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 02:48:04AM -0700, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> Willy,
>
> See you get it ... just patch and go ... what is the problem, heh?

Andre,

There's no problem. I just do not make the confusion between mainline, which
should keep compatible, and "add-ons" which sometimes can break compatibility
with mainline, but which are targetted at experienced users. I'm happy that
SATA goes into mainline IF it does not rename drives which currently work in
earlier releases. That does not prevent me from using more advanced features
and be prepared to change fstab and lila.confo on a particular machine
if/when I upgrade. Mainline is *the* reference that even newbies can use
for blind upgrades without risk. Fortunately, there are lots of wonderful
things around to complete this stable reference.

Cheers,
Willy