Re: off:latest binary nvidia driver won't compile with 2.6.6-rc1

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 14:17:06 EST

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 07:20:08AM +0200, Sipos Ferenc wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Something is wrong with your solution, because I'm building a monolithic
> kernel, so nvidia would be my only module. I have done make modules as
> you've said (I think a simple make does that also, so it wouldn't be
> required), and the Modules.synvers file doesn't exist. 2.6.5 works
> normally, only using nvidia as a module. Note that module support is
> compiled in the kernel.

The Module.symvers file is only generated if you have a minimum of one module
in the kernel. I'm in the process of fixing this.

Also the Modules.symvers file is not needed when CONFIG_MODVERSIONS are turned
off - so I will fix this also.

Thanks for the hint (monolithic kernel with module support enabled).

The workaround for now is just to declare a simple driver a module.
For example the dummy driver in the net section.

Sam