Re: SATA support merge in 2.4.27

From: John Bradford
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 07:49:23 EST

Quote from Andre Hedrick <andre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Since we are going over the cliff, lets get there faster!
>
> Has 2.2 or 2.0 ever been audited for security issues, and fixed?
>
> Whee this is fun!

I don't really see the relevence of what you're saying.

Maybe I wasn't clear when I said 'audited for security issues' - I meant
ensuring that fixes for 2.4 also eventually went in to 2.6. I'm not talking
about doing any kind of complete audit of the entire codebase.

For a long time, (since before 2.6.0), there were known local root exploits
that had been fixed in 2.4 and not in 2.6. I never saw those fixed, but I
don't have the details of them to hand, nor do I have the time to search
through years of mailing list archives at the moment. However, I am also not
claiming that 2.6 is stable, (yet).

John.