Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: Oops with bluetooth dongle

From: Alan Stern
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 16:03:34 EST

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Erik Tews wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 08:47:36PM +0200, Alex Riesen wrote:
> >
> > no change for me. Still oopses.
>
> I have been running 2.6.5 with the bk-usb patch broken out of mm1. I
> still got the problem.
>
> If I rmmod uhci-hcd, the kernel oopses too.
>
> Still any ideas?

Please, folks, don't just say it oopses. Post a crash dump so I have
some chance of figuring out what's going wrong!

So many people have reported problems with the USB bluetooth driver that I
can't keep them straight. Some of them crashed in usb_set_interface(),
and the patch I sent out should have fixed that. Others crashed in
hcd_giveback_urb(), and others crashed elsewhere. This will require more
than a single fix.

Alan Stern