Re: [Kgdb-bugreport] [KGDB] Make kgdb get in sync with it's I/O drivers for the breakpoint

From: Stelian Pop
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 10:32:50 EST

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:57:41AM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:

> > Maybe this could be done in a more kgdb-independent way in the
> > netpoll layer. There is already some code there who waits for
> > the carrier on a net card. Maybe this could be extended to also
> > wait for the network card to appear...
>
> I was thinking about that as well. But what I'm guessing happens now is
> that netpoll_setup(&np) fails causing us init_kgdboe to fail.

Yup.

> If we're
> going to queue up the signal and wait for an eth0, what would it return
> to let us known it'll be ready 'someday' ?

What about adding a
void (*netpoll_up)(struct netpoll *)
callback into the netpoll struct ?

Using this, netpoll_setup() would return immediately, doing its job
in background, and will signal the caller using the 'netpoll_up'
function when the card is ready to go...

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@xxxxxxxxxx>