Re: [Kgdb-bugreport] [KGDB] Make kgdb get in sync with it's I/O drivers for the breakpoint

From: Tom Rini
Date: Tue Apr 06 2004 - 10:03:11 EST

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 04:51:02PM +0200, Stelian Pop wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 04:30:58PM -0700, Tom Rini wrote:
>
> > Hello. The following interdiff, vs current kgdb-2 CVS makes kgdb core
> > and I/O drivers get in sync in order to cause a breakpoint. This kills
> > off the init/main.c change, and makes way for doing things much earlier,
> > if other support exists.
>
> And it works perfectly for me too (with the pcmcia net card, debug
> started by sysrq+g).

Great!

> There are however a couple of cleanups and a compile fix attached.

Whoops, thanks.

> > What would be left, tangentally, is some sort
> > of queue to register with, so we can handle the case of KGDBOE on a
> > pcmcia card. George? Amit? Comments ?
>
> Maybe this could be done in a more kgdb-independent way in the
> netpoll layer. There is already some code there who waits for
> the carrier on a net card. Maybe this could be extended to also
> wait for the network card to appear...

I was thinking about that as well. But what I'm guessing happens now is
that netpoll_setup(&np) fails causing us init_kgdboe to fail. If we're
going to queue up the signal and wait for an eth0, what would it return
to let us known it'll be ready 'someday' ?

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/