Re: drivers/char/dz.[ch]: reason for keeping?

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Sun Apr 04 2004 - 07:05:27 EST

On Sun, 2004-04-04 12:29:58 +0100, Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20040404122958.A14991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 01:17:12PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> So we just need the VAX people to confirm that the new driver works
> for them, and then for _someone_ to remove the old driver (either
> the MIPS or the VAX people.)

Let me do some surgery :)

Interrupt setup is a bit tricky on the VAXen. First, they actually have
separated RX and TX IRQ and these aren't static. IRQ probing needs to be
redone (at least can't be easily copied) since the new dz_init() is
basically a complete new rewrite...

> > While at it, I've already implemented some SERIO changes. That'll allow
> > the dz.c driver to announce that it waits for LK-style keyboard on one
> > port and VSXXX-style mouse/digitizer on the 2nd port...
>
> Which dz.c ? 8)

Old ./drivers/char/dz.c + VAX changes + SERIO changes, that is :) I
guess best practice is that VAX people first merge up with MIPS folks,
then we snatch the old driver together and have a beer...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg