mtd - No flash chips recognised.

From: David L
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 11:40:13 EST

I'm trying to use 2.6.4 with a Mobile DiskOnChip. I get the message
"No flash chips recognised". It looks like the DoC_IdentChip function
in doc2001.c is finding a nand_flash_id of 0xa5, which isn't one of the
ids listed in nand_ids.c. Am I using the wrong driver or is this chip not
yet supported? If it's not supported, would it make sense to add a
placeholder to drivers/mtd/devices/Kconfig like:

config MTD_DOCMOBILE
tristate "M-Systems Mobile Disk-On-Chip (not yet supported!)"
depends on MTD
---help---
This chip is not yet supported... this is just a placeholder.

Thanks:

David