Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] RNDIS Gadget Driver

From: David Brownell
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 12:05:51 EST

There's a file system protocol used by many digital still cameras,
which isn't actually camera-specific. Not MSFT-specific either.

A host driver "USB PTP Storage" would be really nice too. First
as a generic camera interface, second to access a gadget with the
PTP interface.

(Please embarrass me by saying there already is one, I'll be so happy
I won't care :-) ).

There isn't one. There are two. No need to be embarrassed ... ;)

They're both user-mode drivers. "gPhoto2", and "jPhoto". The
author of jPhoto (moi) hasn't had time to update that code in
ages.

- Dave