PROBLEM: APIC on Chaintech ZNF3-150 Motherboard

From: Doug Winter
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 05:37:36 EST

(Reported to Ingo Molnar who told me to send it here too.)

I've just put a new computer together with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and a
Chaintech ZNF3-150 motherboard. This has the Nvidia NForce 3 chipset.

Booting 2.6.4, from the debian kernel-image-2.6.4-1-k7 package, I get
reproducible errors from the onboard BCM5788 NIC and a Realtek 8139 NIC
when under load.

When the disk is under load, I get reproducible DMA errors from any IDE
disk that is under load.

When I boot with "noapic", these problems go away.

I'm happy to help debug this any way necessary.

Thanks,

Doug.

(Please CC: me, I am not subscribed)

--
http://adju.st | It's nice to be important but
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | more important to be nice