Re: 2.6.5-rc1-aa1

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 19:53:57 EST

Andrea Arcangeli writes:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 08:41:45PM +0000, Hugh Dickins wrote:
> > and ppc64 can manage an early per-cpu increment. You'll find you've
> > broken ppc and ppc64, which have grown to use the pgtable rmap stuff
> > for themselves, you'll probably want to grab some of my arch patches.
>
> Oh well, this is the next blocker now... Where can I find your arch
> patches? PPC folks comments?

We need page->mapping and page->index set for pages used for pte and
pmd pages, so that we can get from a pte_t * back to the mm_struct *
and the address within that mm. It's just a matter of setting
page->mapping and page->index in the pte_alloc and pmd_alloc
functions.

I just looked at Hugh's anobjrmap 6/6 patch and it looks to me that it
does that correctly.

Regards,
Paul.