Re: Rimax Linux DVD/DivX player firwmare source code

From: Erik Andersen
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 17:52:27 EST

On Thu Mar 18, 2004 at 09:03:46PM +0000, J. Grant wrote:
> ./BIN:
> total 340
> -rwx------ 1 53708 Dec 23 12:08 BUSYBOX*
> -rwx------ 1 279060 Dec 23 12:08 INIT*

Sigh. Yet another one. I have a list of with some of them here:
http://www.busybox.net/shame.html
though undoubtedly there are others... Sigma Designs EM8500
based DVD players are everyone, and I am not aware of a simgle
one that is in compliance with the GPL. :-(

The sigma designs reference system source code is here
http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/ports/arm/EM8500/
though it is difficult to know if this source is even remotely
relevant to your particular product.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen http://codepoet-consulting.com/