Re: Better performance with 2.6

From: Chris Meadors
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 14:53:49 EST

On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 14:10, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> Are you talking about BogoMips?? This is just how many twinkies
> you can eat in a second with the current coding style in the
> short timer counter. It has absolutely, positively, nothing to
> do with "CPU capacity".

He probably meant MHz. But the same thing. What difference does a
tenth of a MHz matter?

I do have a question about BogoMIPS. I know they don't mean anything,
but why on my Opteron system with two processors that read the same on
the cpu MHz line, do my bogomips vary so much?

processor : 0
cpu MHz : 1393.980
bogomips : 2736.12

processor : 1