Re: Better performance with 2.6

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 14:11:24 EST

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Albert Hafvenstrom wrote:

> One of the things I found was that 2.6 detected my full CPU-capacity
> (nad even a bit more).
> Before, with 2.4, it showed my AMD Duron as 799.xxxx but now it is 800.047
> Is it because of some specific reason or does it just happen?
>
> /albhaf

Are you talking about BogoMips?? This is just how many twinkies
you can eat in a second with the current coding style in the
short timer counter. It has absolutely, positively, nothing to
do with "CPU capacity".

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.24 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).