Re: [patch] PCI Express Enhanced Config Patch - 2.6.0-test11

From: Vladimir Kondratiev
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 09:44:56 EST

My inputs:

- I do not like pci_express_read implemented as inline function. It is called only in one place. It is more appropriate, on my opinion, to merge all stuff added to include/asm-i386/pci.h , into arch/i386/pci/direct.c.

- if you will present 4k config space for all devices, it will save lots of work: you do not need to modify struct pci_dev, do not need almost all stuff in drivers/pci/proc.c. By presenting 4k config for PCI device you should not broke anything.

- Here and in _write function:
+static int pci_express_conf_read(int seg, int bus,
+ int devfn, int reg, int len, u32 *value)
+{
+ if (!value || (bus > 255) || (devfn > 255) || (reg > 4095)) {
+ printk(KERN_ERR "pci_express_conf_read: "
+ "Invalid Parameter\n");
Worth to use
printk(KERN_ERR "%s: Invalid Parameter\n",__FUNCTION__);

Durairaj, Sundarapandian wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. I am posting this patch after incorporating
the review comments.

Please find the attached patch file. Please review this and send your
comments.

Thanks,
Sundar

Note:
This is the patch on PCI Express Enhanced configuration for 2.6.0 test11
kernel following up to the Vladimir (Vladimir.Kondratiev@xxxxxxxxx) and
Harinarayanan (Harinarayanan.Seshadri@xxxxxxxxx) and my previous
patches .
I tested it on our i386 platform.

This patch also implements a mechanism for the kernel to find the
chipset specific mmcfg base address. The kernel will detect the base
address of the chipset through the ACPI table entry and based on that
the PCI subsystem will be initialized.