Re: Illegal instruction with gl

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 11:02:40 EST

> I see no evidence that this is an agpgart problem. When that does something
> wrong, you usually end up with either a system lockup, or massive memory
> corruption. Apps segfaulting would suggest to me that you have a problem with
> your X GL libraries.
>
> You may have more luck asking the folks at dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx about it.

Considering that all I did was change the motherboard, it could be an agp
problem. This same card, same kernel, everything worked on another system.
I did not change any other software other than the kernel.

The program did not segfault, it received illegal instruction. The only
driver that I had to change when I installed this board was the aic79xx.
The other system used an addon aic7xxx controller, this has a builtin
aic7902 controller which houses /

I'll forward my same message to that list you mentioned.