Re: Illegal instruction with gl

From: Dave Jones
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 10:46:31 EST

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 10:39:19AM -0500, Wakko Warner wrote:
> Just to add to the below, I disabled acpi, highmem, smp, and preempt. Same
> problem. I also tried 2.4.24 kernel, same results.
>
> I modified agpgart on 2.4.24 to use generic intel init which didn't change
> anything.
>
> This is the first system with an intel E7505 I've used so I don't know if
> it's a board problem or a kernel problem. Or if it's with the matrox g400.
>
> Here's the kernel messages for agp/drm from 2.6.1 (everything enabled that I
> disabled):
> agpgart: Detected an Intel E7505 Chipset.
> agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 941M
> agpgart: AGP aperture is 32M @ 0xf8000000
> [drm] Initialized mga 3.1.0 20021029 on minor 0
> agpgart: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
> agpgart: Device is in legacy mode, falling back to 2.x
> agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode
> agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 1x mode
>
> I placed some files in:
> http:// veg.animx.eu.org/e7505/
> with some extra information (config, full dmesg, lspci -v)

I see no evidence that this is an agpgart problem. When that does something
wrong, you usually end up with either a system lockup, or massive memory
corruption. Apps segfaulting would suggest to me that you have a problem with
your X GL libraries.

You may have more luck asking the folks at dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx about it.

Dave