Re: PATCH: Shutdown IDE before powering off.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 04:10:16 EST

Hi.

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 21:45, Andrew Morton wrote:
> A couple of thoughts come to mind:
>
> a) Don't do it if the user typed reboot - only do it if we're powering down.

You'd think a parameter called shutdown would do that :>

> b) Try to do a cache flush instead. If that fails (do we know?) then
> power down the disk instead.

We're calling drivers_suspend and then sys_reboot for powering down, and
only calling sys_reboot when rebooting. Shouldn't cache flushes already
be happening?

Regards,

Nigel
--
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by
LinuxFund.org.