Re: [patch] remove graphic linux logo on framebuffer, kernel-2-4-24

From: Andreas Tolfsen
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 18:11:40 EST

Ken Moffat wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Szymon Tarnowski wrote:

Hello everyone
I have made this cosmetic patch to remove linux graphics logo
presented during booting system. I have no objection to logo but when
console is ready to log in the system, I would like to remove it from
screen. Because I don`t have enought programing skils and enought free
time to solve this problem, I made this patch to remove logo at all.
It is made by changing value sent do framebuffer setup routine. Please
fell free to coment my patch, please send it to me directly because I
don`t receive subscription from linux-kernel message list. Please also
inform me if there will be big discusion at list

Why ?

If your problem is that a few lines at the top of your screen stay
blank, there are two existing solutions:

(a) switch to another console, then back.

Doing that at every startup? Bah!

(b) create an init script using `setfont' to set a font of your choice.

Well anyway how you see it, having a option for it when making the kernel would be very nice. Then you would have the trouble of making an init script every time you install it on a new machine.