Re: Making MO drive work with ide-cd

From: Pascal Schmidt
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 17:31:40 EST

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 Andries.Brouwer@xxxxxx wrote:

> Hmm. Looked at it. But it cannot help. All it does is move
> cdrom_read_capacity().

That's enough for unpartitioned disks. It works here.

> But ide-cd remains fundamentally broken for disks.
> It sends cdrom commands, and they fail, and it does not do
> disk things that are needed. First of all, we need partitions,
> but ide-cd.c puts g->minors = 1.

Well, I'm welcome to other ideas, but to me everything is the
better than the current mainline 2.6 situation - which is "doesn't
work at all, no matter what you try".

The ide-cd solution doesn't get you partitions, but using the
medium as a superfloppy works for me.

--
Ciao,
Pascal