Re: ACPI: problem on ASUS PR-DLS533

From: Stephan von Krawczynski
Date: Sun Jan 18 2004 - 12:02:04 EST

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:01:58 +0000
Andrew Walrond <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Alas, in my experience chances are high that any bug report
> > of this kind vanishes in the dungeons of a vendors internal
> > bug report escalation strategy... (Does anyone know a direct
> > technical contact at ASUS?)
> >

> I've tried contacting ASUS several times with this issue as I have lots of
> their dual P3 and dual Xeon servers, but end up butting a brick wall, so If
> somebody does have a useful Asus contact, please step forward!

Just a short (general) note on that:
I find it amazing how some companies manage to ignore valuable input, because
even good companies can always get better through listening to customers. Alas
good companies can get real bad if they don't. So take a customers' choice:
stop buying their products if they don't listen to you in case of problems.
This is market, you always have another choice.

Are we _really_ sure this is a BIOS issue? What's the ACPI-maintainers opinion?
I can't really comment technically, I have no deep knowledge about ACPI ...

Regards,
Stephan