CLONE_DETACHED

From: Andries . Brouwer
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 21:18:57 EST

My current version of the clone.2 manual page says

CLONE_THREAD
(Linux 2.4 onwards) If CLONE_THREAD is set, the
child is placed in the same thread group as the
calling process. Now in 2.6 also the meaningless
CLONE_DETACHED (introduced in 2.5.32) must be set.

I wonder whether it is too late to remove CLONE_DETACHED entirely.
There are precisely two occurrences: the definition and the check
that it is set when CLONE_THREAD is set. Seems fairly useless.

Andries