Re: Unknown CPU

From: David Ford
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 18:44:05 EST

Nope, the CPU is clocked per spec. I have an issue with this motherboard since I got it, half the time when I reboot it blurps and simply won't boot with a high-low warble. I have to turn the machine off for about 30 minutes or drain the cmos and reset everything.

I'm actually running the RAM a little slow.

David

Craig Bradney wrote:

I know on my ASUS A7N8X, the CPU type when the CPU is detected is shown
as Unknown unless the correct clock rates etc are used. As soon as they
are set correctly.. it says Athlon 2600+. Before I got them correct, it
had some unknown string (sorry Icant tell you what it was...) and I dont
know what Linux reported then because I at that time all was new in this
PC and hard drive was blank.

Are you over or underclocking?

Craig