Re: Unknown CPU

From: Craig Bradney
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 17:47:34 EST

I know on my ASUS A7N8X, the CPU type when the CPU is detected is shown
as Unknown unless the correct clock rates etc are used. As soon as they
are set correctly.. it says Athlon 2600+. Before I got them correct, it
had some unknown string (sorry Icant tell you what it was...) and I dont
know what Linux reported then because I at that time all was new in this
PC and hard drive was blank.

Are you over or underclocking?

Craig