Re: Raw I/O Problems with inb()

From: Matthias Urlichs
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 12:43:50 EST

Hi, Brett Gmoser wrote:

> The question is not one of "how" to accomplish all of this, it is how to
> get inb(0x64) to state that it is indeed mouse movement, and not keyboard
> data, on an AMD Athlon XP system with PS/2 mouse.

Well, as I said, I would solve the "how" problem with a kernel module
which monitors mouse movement or keyboard events. This happens to be a
whole lot more reliable, and it will also eat no CPU time when nothing's
happening.

Plus, it will work on any mouse or keyboard. People actually _use_ USB
critters these days, you know ...

--
Matthias Urlichs | {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de | smurf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- -