Re: Raw I/O Problems with inb()

From: Brett Gmoser
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 09:54:52 EST

Reading port registers directly doesn't make sense. No USB keyboards, no
remote use, ... you need to drop your DOS programming mentaility. Fast.

Thanks for your input. However, I do not want the application to work remotely. I have examined all other options, and this is the best way to do it under the circumstances which I need this program to work.

The question is not one of "how" to accomplish all of this, it is how to get inb(0x64) to state that it is indeed mouse movement, and not keyboard data, on an AMD Athlon XP system with PS/2 mouse.

Thanks again!

Brett