ACPI broken on all 9 of my machines :(

From: Andrew Walrond
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 06:59:16 EST

While investigating an ACPI problem (see another thread) it occured to me that
of the 7 different machines I have in my immediate workspace, none of them
work properly with ACPI in latest 2.4 or 2.6 kernels. I have P3, dual P3, P4,
dual HT Xeons, Opteron and VIA Samuel based motherboards, Thinkpads A21p and
A31p, and none of them work properly with ACPI. 100% failure.

Am I just unlucky? Or is this the general experience?

I have indeed bugzilled some of the problems, but will do a complete fresh set
of tests on all the different types of machines, and present the results
here.

Andrew Walrond