USB mouse jumpy on 2.6.x

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 13:13:42 EST

I have tested 2.6.x on 3 systems. Only one of those exibit this problem.
The system is a dual pIII 1ghz with 1024mb ram (kernel configured for 4gb
support). The board is a supermicro p3tdde. the other 2 systems are hp
compaq d220 pc and an MSI MS6163. I am using the builtin ports on all
systems.

The p3dde works flawlessly with 2.4.23.

The one thing I see is the fact that the p3tdde uses a via chipset instead
of intel like the other 2 (and has more memory and 2 cpus)