Re: 2.6.1-mm1

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 13:39:02 EST

Jesse Allen wrote:
I didn't think these patches would make it into a kernel tree, except experimental ones. For one, I don't think we know what's wrong with the nforce2's apic timer. And second, I don't need the disconnect patch, because I have verfied a BIOS update has fixed C1 disconnect completely for my board. (works on and off)

Isn't is possbile to find out which registers were altered with the new bios? Ie. read out registers with out bios and then with new bios adn then compare? Then we (well someone smarter than me :)) could make a real fix for the nforce2-apic issue.

Prakash