Re: PCMCIA lockups on HP Pavilion laptop

From: Russell King
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 18:14:41 EST

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 06:00:11PM -0500, Aubin LaBrosse wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 17:34, Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> > http://www.consultmatt.co.uk/nx9005/config.php
> >
> > - Peter.
>
> I'll keep that one in mind as well, thanks Peter. Mathieu's reply
> (earlier in this thread) fixed it for me, i used the config he put in
> his mail. thanks to all of you for your help and insight!
>
> Russell, would it be useful to you if I tracked it down more precisely
> anyway? the config mathieu posted worked for me so i didn't look too
> deep, but if you'd like me to try and narrow it down so that we know
> which io space causes problems on these machines i could do that.

Personally, I don't care very much - it's useful to know the affected
port range vs the machine, so when other people have the same problem
we don't have to re-investigate.

I'd rather there was some way to automatically mark these pesky regions
in the resource manager so we didn't have to do this, but I guess that's
going to be too much.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/