Re: kernel 2.6: can't get 3c575/PCMCIA working - other PCMCIA card work

From: martin f krafft
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 09:44:49 EST

also sprach Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004.01.11.1354 +0100]:
> Cardbus cards look exactly like normal PCI cards, and are therefore
> the drivers are handled by the PCI subsystem. PCMCIA helps out only
> to detect the card insertion/removal events.

Are you sure about the latter. Cause the driver gets loaded whether
cardmgr is started or not. But in any case, cardmgr does not
configure the interface. Where can I find the hook for Cardbus cards
to do configuration after initialisation?

--
martin; (greetings from the heart of the sun.)

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"i wish there was a knob on the tv to turn up the intelligence.
there's a knob called 'brightness', but it doesn't seem to work."
-- gallagher