Re: Numbersign key dysfunctional in 2.6.1-rc

From: Ciaran McCreesh
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 12:25:06 EST

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:18:42 +0100 Alwin Meschede <ameschede@xxxxxx>
wrote:
| until kernel version 2.6.1-rc1, the numbersign/tilde key on my
| Logitech USB keyboard used to generate the scancode 0x2b. Under
| 2.6.1-rc1 and newer versions, it generates 0x54, which I suppose to
| collide with SysRQ or something like that (I found some information
| indicating this in
| http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0003.2/0721.html ). As
| result, the numbersign key causes things like switching from one
| console to another instead of printing a numbersign...

My Microsoft Natural (USB, GB layout) keyboard is similarly broken. The
onboard keyboard (IBM ThinkPad T30, GB layout) is quite happy with #~,
but with the USB keyboard I get no output.

xev tells me:

KeyPress event, serial 23, synthetic NO, window 0x1a00001,
root 0x48, subw 0x0, time 67813064, (211,112), root:(460,399),
state 0x0, keycode 111 (keysym 0xff61, Print), same_screen YES,
XLookupString gives 0 bytes:
XmbLookupString gives 0 bytes:
XFilterEvent returns: False

Everything works as expected with 2.6.0.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm