Numbersign key dysfunctional in 2.6.1-rc

From: Alwin Meschede
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 11:19:40 EST

Hello,

until kernel version 2.6.1-rc1, the numbersign/tilde key on my Logitech USB keyboard used to generate the scancode 0x2b. Under 2.6.1-rc1 and newer versions, it generates 0x54, which I suppose to collide with SysRQ or something like that (I found some information indicating this in http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0003.2/0721.html ). As result, the numbersign key causes things like switching from one console to another instead of printing a numbersign...

Alwin Meschede