Re: scheduling problems in X with 2.6.0

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 10:52:10 EST

martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Nick Piggin <piggin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004.01.08.1634 +0100]:

You could try my alternate CPU scheduler which would tell us if your
problem is the scheduler or something else. Its against the mm tree.
http://www.kerneltrap.org/~npiggin/v29p6.gz

From a quick glance, it mentions the Pentium 4 and Hyperthreading.
This *is* an SMP system, but it uses Athlon XPs. Will your scheduler
still work?

Yeah, my interactivity stuff has to be applied after my SMP stuff,
so I had to give you both ;)

You'll want to run make oldconfig after patching, and you needn't say
yes to CONFIG_SCHED_SMT, although if you did it wouldn't hurt either,
it just wouldn't do anything.

Nick