Re: PCI lib for 2.4

From: Damien Couroussé
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 06:06:45 EST

Hi,

Actually, it will be first a user-space driver.

Maybe I wasn't clear:

I link the PCI library with '-lpci' option, but it seems the library is not complete, ie I can't use the whole lib. For example, the compiler cannot link pci_resource_start() func. or pci_fond_device(). I think these are usually in all pci libraries... My lib does not support dma abilities too.

My problem is that I have several pci.h files which contain these function (the 'whole package?'), but I don't have the lib that fits to...

For example
>>grep pci_resource_start /usr/lib/pcilib.a
returns nothing. I think it should.

I was just wondering how I will be able to retrieve the good lib, which I can't find on my PC. Tried to update the Red Hat (and kernel), but it didn't change anything in my lib. I guess someone installed sthg on my PC, which removed the 'good' pci library, or changed it for an other lighter version.

Is there anything related with CONFIG_... flags??

Damien