Re: more dbt-2 results hyperthreading on linux-2.6.0-test11

From: markw
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 18:33:48 EST

Hi Jun,

DBT-2 is a fair use implementation of the TPC-C (OLTP), if you're
familiar with that.

I have 14 drives attached through 1 megaraid raid controller, and 52
drives connected through 4 channels on 2 mylex raid controllers, all in
a raid-0 configuration. I am using LVM2 on both sets of drives.

iostat tells me that each of the 14 drives attached through the raid
controller are utilized < 2%, while each of the other 52 drives seem to
peak at about 48% in one of the hyperthreaded cases (274). I'm not too
familiar with the umpteen other columns that iostat reports, but that
suggests to me I have a fair amount of i/o headroom. Unfortunitely, I
don't believe I can get my hands on any addition drives or
controllers...

Mark