RE: more dbt-2 results hyperthreading on linux-2.6.0-test11

From: Nakajima, Jun
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 17:59:38 EST

I'm not familiar with this particular workload, but noticed higher idle
and wait time with HT enabled, compared to HT-disabled case. This kind
of symptom often indicated insufficient I/O bandwidth from my
experience, and faster systems (with more threads) tend to show lower
throughput because you end up measuring disk seek time of more I/O
requests. Can you add more disk controller(s) and disks?

Jun

linux-kernel" in