Re: Multiple keyboard/monitor vs linux-2.6?

From: William Park
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 17:47:01 EST

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 11:27:48PM +0100, Svetoslav Slavtchev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it does work, and you even can have multiple
> virtual consoles, and even on a single dual headed
> Matrox G4xx/G550 although there are still some
> small/big :-) issues
>
> may i ask what do you mean by that :
>
> ----
> Even though the HOWTO is more for Backstreet Ruby,
> I couldn't make head or tail of it.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> ----
>
> asking cause i wrote the howto,
> and i hardly get feedback
>
> the one thing i know is, that it's simply too big ,
> but i tried to cover everything and there is no other way :(
>
> best,
>
> svetljo

For kernel-2.6.x, Ruby would be the only option. So, I'll eventually
get my teeth into it. But, I don't want to modify both kernel and X,
especially kernel. If X doesn't work, I can use the old X. But, if
kernel doesn't work, then I have to reboot.

> PS.
>
> please CC me as i'm not subscribed to lkml

If you're not subscribed, how did you post to the mailing-list?

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry@xxxxxxxx>