Re: udev sysfs docs Re: State of devfs in 2.6?

From: Måns Rullgård
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 18:08:11 EST

Oliver Hunt <ojh16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Måns Rullgård wrote:
>
>> Oliver Hunt <ojh16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>>>although this isn't as applicable in MacOS X...
>> It didn't crash, but it made me log out very quickly.
>>
> I'm currently doing development under macos x, and have come to the
> conclusion that macos does some things well, others, not so
> well... There's certainly a lot that can be learned from it (sometimes
> we can learn what not to do -- The dock would be a good example of
> this :) )

MacOS X is much better than the earlier ones, if you get rid if the
terrible GUI, that is. The file manager wouldn't even let me see
/tmp, or a whole lot of other files. I tried to burn a CD-RW, but
that failed. The problem was it already had some files on it, so
macos kindly mounted it for me, and then refused to write erase a
mounted disk. Enough of this ranting, though. It's off-topic.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@xxxxxx