Re: [patch] sched-HT-2.6.0-test11-A5

From: age
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 17:13:03 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
>
>> This appears to either leak migration threads or not set
>> rq->cpu[x].migration_thread basically ever for x > 0. Or if they are
>> shut down, how? Also, what makes sure cpu_idx is initialized before they
>> wake? They'll all spin on cpu_rq(0)->lock, no?
>
> yep, it just leaks migration threads. Not a big problem right now, but for
> hotplug CPU support this needs to be fixed.
>
>> Furthermore, sched_map_runqueue() is performed after all the idle
>> threads are running and all the notifiers have kicked the migration
>> threads, but does no locking whatsoever.
>
> yep - at this point nothing else is really supposed to run but you are
> right it must be locked properly.
>
>> Also, does init_idle() need to move into rest_init()? It should be
>> equivalent to its current placement.
>
> this is a leftover of a change that went into 2.6 already. I've removed
> this change.
>
>> Why not per_cpu for __rq_idx[] and __cpu_idx[]? This would have the
>> advantage of residing on node-local memory for sane architectures (and
>> perhaps in the future, some insane ones).
>
> agreed, i've changed them to be per-cpu.
>
> new patch with all your suggestions included is at:
>
> redhat.com/~mingo/O(1)-scheduler/sched-SMT-2.6.0-test11-C1
>
> it also includes the bounce-to-cpu1 fix from/for Anton.
>
> Ingo
> -

Hi Mingo

The same trouble:

kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x34f): In function `try_to_wake_up':
: undefined reference to `wake_up_cpu'
kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x4ad): In function `wake_up_forked_process':
: undefined reference to `set_task_cpu'
kernel/built-in.o(.text+0xea1): In function `schedule':
: undefined reference to `set_task_cpu'
kernel/built-in.o(.text+0x1203): In function `schedule':
: undefined reference to `active_load_balance'
kernel/built-in.o(.init.text+0xaa): In function `init_idle':
: undefined reference to `set_task_cpu'
kernel/built-in.o(.init.text+0x1d6): In function `sched_init':
: undefined reference to `set_task_cpu'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

groetjes,

Age Huisman