Re: irq again

From: Len Brown
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 14:44:00 EST

If the Dell has an IO-APIC, you want to build support for it into the
kernel -- doing so may free up some additional interrupt lines.

If you can upgrade to the 2.4.23 kernel and run in ACPI mode, then there
are a couple of knobs that might be able to help you.

acpi_irq_balance ACPI will balance active IRQs
acpi_irq_nobalance ACPI will not move active IRQs
acpi_irq_pci= If irq_balance, Clear listed IRQs for use by PCI
acpi_irq_isa= If irq_balance, Mark listed IRQs used by ISA

acpi_irq_balance is default in IOAPIC mode
acpi_irq_nobalance is default in PIC mode
the acpi_irq_[pci, isa] are to list specify IRQs that should, and should
not be used for PCI interrupts, respectively.

cheers,
-Len

ps. Might also try to disable USB in the BIOS and use a PS/2 keyboard to
free up the IRQs?