irq again

From: Jing Xu
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 13:59:44 EST

Hi, guys,

I have been stuct on this problem for a long time. Any
suggestion on this will be highly appreciated.

I'm running linux 2.4.20 and rtai 24.1.11. My linux
kernel module needs to use IRQ 9 10 11 for AGP graphic
card, sound card and PCI-Dio24 IO card. These irqs are
also shared by USB controllers. My module hangs when
it tries to request one of the above irqs that is used
by USB keyboard.

I am using DELL machine, and its bios cannot reserve
irq's.

I also tried to set boot paramter "pci=irqmask=0xf1ef"
to reserve irqs 9 10 11 4 for my driver, and it hasn't
had any effect - those irqs are still used by usb
controllers on initialization.

How to solve this irq confliction problem?

Thanks in advance,

jing