Re: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11)

From: Josh McKinney
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 12:19:15 EST

On approximately Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 05:33:08PM +0100, Julien Oster wrote:
> Josh McKinney <forming@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> Hello Josh,
>
> > I have also been using a A7N8X deluxe and saw lockups when I first
> > recieved the board. Booting with noapic nolapic solved the problems.
> > Later after reading some threads about it I decided to add some stuff to
> > a bugzilla that someone else already filed. After doing this I decided
> > to try to crash it like it used to to with apic and lapic but it DID NOT
> > CRASH! This may be due to an updated BIOS, I am using the 1007 Uber
> > BIOS, or some updates with the kernel, but I am running 2.6.0-test9-mm3
> > rock solid with ACPI, APIC, and local APIC.
>
> Oh! That sounds nice. I also run the latest 1007 BIOS, but that
> doesn't help at all. In crontrary, I almost have the impression that
> the lockups got worse, but that may be just subjective. But what do
> you mean with "1007 Uber BIOS"? What is this "Uber"? Is that a special
> BIOS Version?

I should have given more info. It is a custom made BIOS made by a guy
at nforcershq.com

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michael.mcclay/

It is strange to me that it doesn't crash anymore either. I am going to
boot test11 when I get the chance later today and will see if it still works.

--
Josh McKinney | Webmaster: http://joshandangie.org