Re: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11)

From: Julien Oster
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 11:33:59 EST

Josh McKinney <forming@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hello Josh,

> I have also been using a A7N8X deluxe and saw lockups when I first
> recieved the board. Booting with noapic nolapic solved the problems.
> Later after reading some threads about it I decided to add some stuff to
> a bugzilla that someone else already filed. After doing this I decided
> to try to crash it like it used to to with apic and lapic but it DID NOT
> CRASH! This may be due to an updated BIOS, I am using the 1007 Uber
> BIOS, or some updates with the kernel, but I am running 2.6.0-test9-mm3
> rock solid with ACPI, APIC, and local APIC.

Oh! That sounds nice. I also run the latest 1007 BIOS, but that
doesn't help at all. In crontrary, I almost have the impression that
the lockups got worse, but that may be just subjective. But what do
you mean with "1007 Uber BIOS"? What is this "Uber"? Is that a special
BIOS Version?

However, 2.6.0-test9-mm3 might be the key. I'll test this immediately.

Thanks,
Julien