Re: [Oops] i386 mm/slab.c (cache_flusharray)

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 13:57:18 EST

pinotj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Thanks for your explanation.
Should I try with L1 and/or L2 cache disable on my computer (I don't know if it's safe) ?
I trust my hardware but it's better to get some facts.

No, it wouldn't help. Something in the kernel randomly corrupts memory. I'm certain that it's not slab. I'm also fairly certain that it's not the hardware - IBM guys reproduced corruptions on both ppc64 and i386 systems (bugzilla 1097 and 1497). The corrupted object is the slab structure or the bufctl entries - data near the beginning of a page. But I have no idea how to pinpoint it.

--
Manfred