Re: [NFS] RE: [autofs] multiple servers per automount

From: Tim Hockin
Date: Thu Oct 23 2003 - 20:53:52 EST

Recap: Mike Waychison posted a simple patch to make Max_anon bit array
(NFS mounts etc.) use exactly one page.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 08:47:57AM +0800, Ian Kent wrote:
> I there any chance this would be accepted into 2.6.0?
>
> I think it's quite important, hopefully others do as well.

Wouldn't it be saner to have a sysctl to adjust that? From 1 page to
2^20/(PAGE_SIZE * CHAR_BIT) pages? Perhaps just in page-sized increments?

This would be a simple patch... But maybe it's not 'stabilization' for
2.6.0.

Maybe the simple version in 2.6.0 and the right version in 2.6.1?

Linus?