Re: orinoco_cs module broken in test8

From: Aviram Jenik
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 11:41:51 EST

On Saturday 18 October 2003 18:24, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:48:21 +0200, mru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(=?iso-8859-1?q?M=E5ns_Rullg=E5rd?=) said:
> > Aviram Jenik <aviram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > > Orinoco_cs worked for me in all previous 2.6.0-testx versions, but
> > > stopped working in test8. Message log shows:
> > > kernel: orinoco_cs: RequestIRQ: Unsupported mode
> >
> > You have to enable ISA bus support, i.e. CONFIG_ISA=y.
>
> If it worked for him in earlier -testX, he must have had it set before...
>
> Aviram: Is CONFIG_ISA=y in your -test8 .config? If so, it's some other
> *new* problem. If not, do you have any idea how it got turned off ('make
> oldconfig' weirdness??)

Man's suggestion of CONFIG_ISA=y did solve the problem. I can't figure out how
it was turned off, though. I just noticed several config options got disabled
on this test kernel.

I wasn't running make oldconfig, though - I'm always running make menuconfig.
Until now that was always saving my previous options (I've been trying every
2.6.0-testx version) so I was assuming it was the right way to do it :-)

- Aviram