2.6-test8 : alsa hangs my box

From: jjluza
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 11:39:53 EST

I've just installed this new version on my nforce2 based box.
I use the alsa module named snd_intel8x0 to make my nforce2 audio unit
working.
But when I try to access the audio devices with two program simultaneously, it
hangs.
I tested by playing a music with xmms (using the alsa audio output), then, at
the same time, running mplayer to play a movie (using -ao alsa9), and it
hangs.
I get no error, but I can't kill mplayer (even with ctrl c).
I tried to get its pid with top and ps aux, but they hangs too, when they try
to get information about mplayer. So I can't kill it since I can't get its
pid.

Finally, I tried to reboot my computer, and it hangs when it tried to shut
down alsa.

I use a debian sid (it is up-to-date).