Re: RFC: changes to microcode update driver.

From: Giacomo A. Catenazzi
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 08:37:05 EST

Tigran Aivazian wrote:

Hi guys,

It's been a long time that I was going to send to Linux the patch with the
following changes, but the birth of my first child intervened and caused
delays (though can't call them "unexpected" :). Now, if I hear from people
"no, no! we are using this feature!" then I will reconsider:

Please let me know your thoughts.

Hello.

I would like to have a common model to load microcodes (and in the new boot procedure), but I've lost the status of such project, I think things for 2.7.
Any news?

Is microcode_ctl still maintained? I've made some correction/extentions but now new from the maintainer.

Intel give us the new microcode? I had contact with the new contact/maintainer/? person in Intel, but still no new microcode since summer 2001. So maybe before changing the driver, could you check the Intel vision about Linux and microcode?

ciao
giacomo